Whether you need help reshaping a manuscript or want to ensure your writing is concise, clear, and adheres to AMA and journal guidelines, we will provide the right level of editing to increase your odds of success in the competitive world of scientific publishing.
MedEd was designed to help clinicians and scientists who
- find writing intimidating
- need a fresh eye or a second opinion
- are still learning English
- can’t take time away from patients or research
- need editorial review before peer review
If that’s you, let us know how we can help.
Copyediting and Proofreading
“The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter. ‘tis the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.” – Mark Twain
• We correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization
• We ensure language is clear, concise, and scientific
• Preferred usage words will replace the almost right words
• We edit for intended meaning and tense consistency
• We check and correct abbreviations
• We make sure your manuscript follows medical writing conventions
• We format references
• We ensure tables, figures, and legends conform to journal authoring instructions
If English is not your native language or writing is not your strength, language can obscure the meaning of your research. In addition to writing and editing skills, our team brings to the table a thorough understanding of disease processes and pathological mechanisms, as well as experience in various therapeutic areas.
We don’t just edit your work. We understand it.
Includes all copyediting and proofreading services
• We check the manuscript for consistency of data
• We work with authors to ensure the intended meaning is accurately conveyed and inconsistencies are resolved
• We rewrite phrases, paragraphs, and abstracts for clarity
Regardless of what you are writing about, you are telling a story. We can help make it a captivating one.
• We help authors shape the structure of their book, including chapters, titles, and subtitles
• We copyedit and proofread the text
• We work with authors to identify and improve problematic areas
• We help authors create a coherent and engaging narrative
• We help identify the most suitable journal and best target audience for a manuscript
• MedEd helps authors steer clear of predatory publishers
CME Module Editing
• We provide substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading of continuing medical education materials
• We work with authors to resolve inconsistencies
• We ensure CME modules adhere to clients’ guidelines and specifications regarding content, references, and text formatting